24 Things I Want to Learn Before I Die

*3-Minute Read*

Online Learning Vs. Face-To-Face Learning - eLearning Industry
(Photo Credit: elearningindustry.com)

A motto we've all heard is "You learn something new every day." Well, for me at least, "every day" is a stretch. But there's no doubt that learning occurs at all stages of life. I've mastered how to swim, how to ride a bike and, miraculously, how to pass college courses. But there's plenty of other activities that I'm either quite a novice at or have no clue about.

Here are the ones I can think of:


1) Coding
I just feel like it'll come in handy at some point when working within publishing. 

2) How to play Solitaire
Am I the only one who has no idea how to play this game?

3) Spanish language
I'm thinking about using Duolingo, maybe Rosetta Stone

4) American Sign Language
With a quick Google search, I've found the Sign Language 101 website and the ASL App

5) Crocheting
I'll never make money off of my creations, but it could be an activity I could do to wind down.

6) How to meditate without getting distracted
How does one truly get "in the zone?" I never stop thinking.         

7) What my DNA is
Am I as European as I think I am?

8) How to take a decent selfie
My hands shake, I can't find the right camera angle, and I don't know exactly what face to make. 

9) How to stop lateral lisping
At least it's better than it used to be. 

10) As many words as possible
Did you know that "imp" is a word that is defined as "a small, mischievous devil?" Or that the word "acme" is not just referring to the market; it's defined as "the highest point or stage?" 

11) Adobe Creative Cloud
I've only just begun. And I know it may be required at work.   

12) How to play piano
Both of my brothers can figure out how to play a variety of songs. I can peck out "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star;" "Row, Row, Row Your Boat;" "Hot Cross Buns;" and the first part of "Yankee Doodle Dandy." 

13) Self-Defense
I don't think I need to explain why this would be useful.               

14) How to fully wake up
I'm tired all the time and have multiple tactics to make it through the day.

15) How to budget
Because my dream trip to Europe won't pay for itself. 

16) Yoga
Because I really need to chill out.

17) Calligraphy
My go-to handwriting is cursive, so it would only improve that.

18) Whistling
I feel like I've missed out on something my whole life. 

19) How to tolerate the smell of onions
Even if it's just those Funyun chips, I have to leave the room.

20) Yodeling
I know this is weird, but it seems fun.  

21) Beat-Boxing
It's not quite as weird and also seems fun.

22) How to make my own strawberry daiquiris 
I can't cook, and I put an alcoholic beverage as my first recipe to learn.

23) How to accept compliments without being awkward
Ideal scenario: "Thanks." *Has nothing but good feelings* Well, at least I have the first part down.

24) How to believe in myself
I'll probably never master this, but I'm getting better and better. 



Some of these will be easier lessons than others, but I hope to become competent in all of them. I'm sure this list will grow (and hopefully change) with time, so what should everyone need to know? What do you want to learn? Please inform me. 

- Liv 

Comments